Please note: The FSU Testing Center is currently offering testing services for CLEP and TEAS exams and are administering FSU course exams only to students needing special consideration, by the consent of their instructor. Seats will be offered on a first-come basis. For more information, please visit our Proctored Testing page.
In the case that you need to request for on-campus testing services using our Instructor Request Form, we suggest you add information on testing procedures and policies to your course syllabus. We suggest using our sample syllabus text as it covers all the basics of proctored testing. It also includes a placeholder for your policies on makeups for missed exams. You can also direct your students to our student-facing site distance.fsu.edu for easy-to-navigate information on proctored testing. They'll learn how it works, what it costs, and how to use both on-campus and off-campus testing services.
If you are unable to use Honorlock to complete your exams, please contact me within the first 2 weeks of the semester. It will be at my discretion and FSU’s Testing Center to determine whether you meet the criteria necessary to take an exam on campus. Signup slots will be created only for special cases where you are unable to have your exam proctored by Honorlock.
If you are approved to complete any of your exams at FSU’s Testing Center, please keep the following in mind:
- If you do not make or keep an appointment for testing and are unable to take the exam during the exam window, [insert policy for missed exams.]
- If you need accommodations for a disability during testing, please follow these instructions regarding accommodation during testing.
- You will be required to wear a mask while inside the testing facility. Be sure to closely read FSU’s other Testing Center Rules prior to your arrival so that there are no surprises.
- The testing center is located in Stadium Center C, near the Sportsmanship Statue. See Hours, Parking, and Directions for more details.
- In most cases, you will not have access to any remote, in-person off-campus proctors due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have questions about your particular situation, please email email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: All Fall 2020 finals will be administered remotely during the regularly-scheduled exam week. Instructors may use Honorlock or alternative assessments that do not require proctoring.
Because course policies vary widely by instructor and program, we refer students to their course syllabus for guidance when they fail to sign up, can’t find open slots, or miss appointments and are unable to reschedule to another open slot during the exam window. You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to request makeup times for your students who miss exams. While we make every attempt to accommodate makeups due to unforeseen circumstances, we cannot guarantee that makeup appointments will be available, so you may have to make alternate proctoring arrangements in these cases (for example, over Zoom or through Honorlock).