Testing Center Rules
The Testing Center is doing everything possible to keep you safe during your testing experience. We have limited our seating capacity to every fourth seat, giving you six feet or more of space from other testers. Each testing station is sanitized immediately after use per EPA guidelines, and common areas are sanitized frequently. Hand sanitizer is also available at check-in and checkout stations, and special signs have been created to promote social distancing.
Before entering our facility, please note the following:
- Per University policy, you must wear an appropriate face covering while in our facility. Please bring your own face covering as we are unable to provide masks for you. Masks should remain tightly fastened over your nose and mouth at all times.
- Per University policy, please do your best to stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people. When you arrive, special social distancing signs will safely guide you through our facility.
- You must schedule a testing appointment. All students must schedule their exams in advance using our Exam Registration system.
- You must bring the appropriate form of identification.
- FSU students must bring their FSUCard. You can obtain an FSUCard completely online if you don’t have one already. Note: Proctors may ask you to provide another form of identification if the photo on your FSUCard is indiscernible or if another form of ID is required for the specific test you are taking.
- All others must bring a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, or military ID.
- Make certain to bring your own pen/pencil, calculator, and any testing materials permitted by your instructor, institution, or test sponsor. We will provide you with scratch paper when permitted by your instructor.
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, and be sure you received your test registration confirmation message.
- If you are late for your appointment or did not successfully register for an appointment and receive a confirmation message, we cannot guarantee admission into our facility. Nor can we guarantee that you will be able to reschedule your appointment for an FSU course exam if all registration slots are full.
- If you are unable to reschedule your FSU course exam, consult your syllabus for guidance.
- Cell phones and all other electronics must be turned completely OFF during your entire test. If your cell phone, smart watch, or any other electronic device is turned on or makes any noise in the testing room—including vibrating, beeping, or ringing—your test will be terminated, you will be dismissed from the facility, and your instructor (or other test sponsor) will be notified.
- We do not allow the following items in the testing room:
- Bottled drinks or food of any kind. You must empty any bottles (including water) prior to entering the testing room.
- Skateboards and hoverboards. We do not have a secure place to store your skateboard or hoverboard inside. Spaces may be available on the small skateboard rack outside of our facility, but we cannot guarantee this.
- Headwear cannot be worn inside the testing room, though some exceptions apply:
- Headscarves and headbands are permitted except as described below, but hoodies, ball caps, and any other headwear must be removed.
- For CLEP and TEAS testers: Because these tests are externally sponsored, we must abide by specific requirements. CLEP and TEAS prohibit testers from having any headwear unless worn for religious reasons. For these tests, if your headwear is not shown on your photo ID, we cannot allow you to wear it into the testing room. We encourage you to contact the test sponsor directly with any concerns over their headwear policy.
- You are permitted to bring personal items into the testing room but must keep them out of your sight during your exam.
- Due to COVID, we are not be able to provide you a cloth bag to store your personal items as normal. Instead, you may place any personal belongings in your pocket and on a nearby desk. (You will be seated 3 seats away from the nearest tester.)
- To avoid a tripping hazard, keep your personal belongings off of the floor.
- Upon exit, collect your personal belongings and discard any paper-based testing materials into the recycling bin.
- We do not allow the following behaviors in the testing room or while your test is in progress:
- Internet browsing or communication with anyone other than testing staff. These behaviors are treated with high suspicion and may result in the termination of your exam.
- Note-taking before your test. You are not permitted to take notes before starting your test. If your instructor or test sponsor allows scratch paper, you may use it to jot down notes before answering test questions, but this is considered part of your allotted test time.
- Being disrespectful or disruptive to others, especially in the testing room.
- We *do* allow restroom breaks! Unless your instructor or test sponsor specifically prohibits them, you will be permitted to take restroom breaks during your exam. You will be required to empty your pockets into a secured area before and after your break.Elapsed time will be documented, but we cannot extend your allotted test time for restroom.
Please keep in mind:
- To ensure the academic integrity and security of the tests we proctor, we use a variety of proctoring approaches. This includes real-time, high-definition video surveillance at all times. All camera footage is recorded and may be reviewed by testing center staff if any suspicious behavior occurs. On-the-floor proctors are highly trained and are continually in view of students, their screens, and their desks.
- For your sake, do not attempt to cheat on your test or behave inappropriately. We uphold the Academic Honor Policy and Student Conduct Code for all test takers. Cheating, use of unpermitted test materials, disruptive behavior, or leaving the facility with any test content or exam responses may result in severe consequences. Violating our rules may result in dismissal from the facility. If you are an FSU student, any concerning behaviors may also be reported to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for further action or reported as an Academic Honor Policy violation.
- FSU Assessment & Testing is not responsible for unattended, misplaced, or stolen items. Please do not leave items unattended in our testing lobby. Recovered items such as umbrellas will be kept for up to two weeks and entrusted to Central Lost & Found.
- We are here to help! If we can assist you in any way during your testing experience, please let us know. For suggestions or concerns, you can speak with the nearest supervisor or contact Scott Bickley, our Customer Service Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org | 850-644-1571).