Testing Center Responsibilities
The FSU Testing Center makes the following commitments. We will:
- Coordinate secure delivery of electronic exam information between exam providers, testers, and proctors.
- Validate tester identification and ensure that testers have arrived at the designated date and time.
- Permit testers with valid testing appointments to reschedule them only with a valid excuse and subject to seat availability.
- Allow approved exam materials only as specified by the exam provider.
- Coordinate with exam providers, system administrators, and technical support staff to maintain testing stations to the provider's specifications and troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues when they arise.
- Extend the exam's time window or provide an additional attempt if technical issues arise during exams. (Only when permitted by the exam provider.)
- Carefully monitor examinee behavior during exams to maintain academic integrity.
- Log issues that arise during exams and, following investigation, notify exam providers and test administrators of irregularities and any actions taken.
Assessment and Testing at Florida State University adheres to the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines.